Tips on applying
There are two way that you can apply for an Apprenticeship through The Sheffield College - apply directly for a live vacancy or apply to the Apprenticeship Standard you'd like to do and then find an employer yourself. Keep reading for some pointers for both approaches!
ROUTE 1 – Apply for a specific vacancy
1. Click here to view our live Apprenticeship vacancies - you can filter by sector!
2. Once you've found a vacancy you like the look of you can apply by completing the application form on the job page
3. Our Apprenticeship+ Recruitment Team will contact you to invite you to a 1-2-1 session to go over your key skills, what makes you suitable for the role and to provide you with some interview preparation
4. Your application will then be sent to the employer by the recruitment team
5. If shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview with the employer
6. The employer will then contact you to let you know if you have been successful
ROUTE 2 – If we currently have no live vacancies in your chosen area
Don’t worry if you can’t see a vacancy you’d like to apply for, we are constantly updating our vacancies and we get new ones every day! You can still apply using one of the following methods:
1. Click here to view all of the Apprenticeship courses we offer
2. Once you've found a standard that you like the look of, click the "Click to Apply" button
3. Once your application has been received our Apprenticeships+ Recruitment Team will be in touch to arrange a chat with you about your skills and how to go about finding an employer
4. The recruitment team will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as an Apprenticeship in your subject area becomes available
Please be aware that applying for a standard does not guarantee that you will start an Apprenticeship within a few weeks - you will still need to find an employer to complete your Apprenticeship with!
If you know a company or employer who is looking for an Apprentice, let us know. We can take you and the employer through the process together.
Despite the pressures of COVID-19, the college has adapted and been able to facilitate the delivery of online lectures during block releases. This has…
The knowledge and skills I have acquired help me every day to be a valuable member of the maternity team.
The apprenticeship was appealing to me because I wanted to improve my skills and knowledge when working on Labour ward.