How to apply
There are two ways that you can apply for an Apprenticeship through The Sheffield College - apply directly for a live vacancy or apply to the Apprenticeship Standard you'd like to do and then find an employer yourself. Keep reading for some pointers for both approaches!
ROUTE 1 – Apply for a specific vacancy
1. Click here to view our live Apprenticeship vacancies - you can filter by sector!
2. Once you've found a vacancy you like the look of you can apply by completing the application form on the job page
3. Our Apprenticeship+ Recruitment Team will contact you to invite you to a 1-2-1 session to go over your key skills, what makes you suitable for the role and to provide you with some interview preparation
4. Your application will then be sent to the employer by the recruitment team
5. If shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview with the employer
6. The employer will then contact you to let you know if you have been successful
ROUTE 2 – Register your interest
Don’t worry if you can’t see a vacancy you’d like to apply for, we are constantly updating our vacancies and we get new ones every day! You can still apply using one of the following methods:
1. Click here to view all of the Apprenticeship courses we offer
2. Once you've found a standard that you like the look of, click the "Click to Apply" button
3. Once your application has been received our Apprenticeships+ Recruitment Team will be in touch to arrange a chat with you about your skills and how to go about finding an employer
4. The recruitment team will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as an Apprenticeship in your subject area becomes available
Please be aware that applying for a standard does not guarantee that you will start an Apprenticeship within a few weeks - you will still need to find an employer to complete your Apprenticeship with!
If you know a company or employer who is looking for an Apprentice, let us know. We can take you and the employer through the process together.
I left school aged 16 then entered into three years of Journalism studies at college before I discovered the intriguing opportunity that Sheffield…
In October 2021 one of our fantastic level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager Apprentices, Roshani Bagnall was announced as the winner of Health…
"My TAF has been extremely helpful throughout my apprenticeship and i wouldn't have been able to make it this far without him."