Hiring an Apprentice: What you should know
Published: 6th February 2024
An Apprenticeship is a smart, cost-effective way to recruit a new staff member. Above all, it means you can train someone to work in a way that suits your operation.
Our Apprenticeship programmes have been designed with the growth of the region in mind; so that local employers can get the most out of hiring an Apprentice. The programmes offer a flexible menu of options that can be tailored to your business to best suit your organisational needs and objectives.
With nearly 1 million Apprentices employed across the country, here are just some of the benefits employers have experienced that you could take advantage of too.
- 92% of companies that have taken on apprentices believe this leads to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 86% said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation
- 80% have seen a significant increase in employee retention
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service
At The Sheffield College:
- 94.6% of employers believe their apprentice has had a positive impact on their business
- 91% agreed they were given sufficient guidance and information at the point of enquiry
- 94.6% had the candidate pre-apprenticeship process explained to them and felt it was valuable
- 87% of employers are likely to recommend the college's apprenticeship service
- 86% rated the professionalism of college staff as outstanding or good
Other benefits of working with apprentices include:
- you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business
- they’re motivated to learn new skills
- you can expand and upskill your workforce
If these sound like benefits you'd like within your own business, it's time to consider adding an Apprentice to your team. We can support you through the process, from advertising your vacancy to helping you recruit the best person for the role.
Get in touch with our Employer Engagement Team today on:
T: 0114 260 2600
Get ready to jump into your dream job with an Apprenticeship
Ready to get out of the classroom and train for your dream job in a real workplace? Keep reading to…
National Apprenticeship Week 2023 Campaign Launches
National Apprenticeship Week 2023 takes place from February 6th to 12th. This year’s theme is…
How to find an employer for your Apprenticeship
As an Apprenticeship is a real job, you will need an employer to work for just like all employees.…