Hiring an Apprentice: The facts on recruitment
Published: 3rd February 2023
An Apprenticeship is a smart, cost-effective way to recruit a new staff member. Above all, it means you can train someone to work in a way that suits your operation.
Our Apprenticeship programmes have been designed with the growth of the region in mind; so that local employers can get the most out of hiring an Apprentice. The programmes offer a flexible menu of options that can be tailored to your business to best suit your organisational needs and objectives.
With nearly 1 million Apprentices employed across the country, here are just some of the benefits they have experienced that you could take advantage of too.
- 92% of companies that have taken on apprentices believe this leads to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 86% said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation
- 80% have seen a significant increase in employee retention
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service
At The Sheffield College:
- 94.6% of employers believe their apprentice has had a positive impact on their business
- 91% sufficient guidance and information provided at point of enquiry
- 94.6% had the candidate pre-apprenticeship process explained to them and felt it was valuable
- 87% of employers are likely to recommend the colleges apprenticeship service
- 86% rated the professionalism of college staff as outstanding or good
Other benefits of working with apprentices include:
- you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business
- they’re motivated to learn new skills
- you can expand and upskill your workforce
If you are considering adding an Apprentice to your team we can support you through the process, from advertising your vacancy to helping you recruit the best person for the role.
Get in touch with our Employer Engagement Team today:
T: 0114 260 2600
Why now is the perfect time to recruit an apprentice!
There’s a lot to consider when you’re recruiting an Apprentice! There’s no denying…
Apprentices’ Achievements Celebrated at College Ceremony
An awards ceremony celebrating the positive impact of apprentices in their workplaces and beyond has…
5 reasons why an Apprenticeship is the perfect step towards your dream career
It’s National Careers Week so we’re looking at just a few of the reasons why an…